Ideal for: Anyone who works with machinery
Duration: 30 minutes
Machine Guarding training objectives
Globally, around a dozen deaths and 40,000 injuries occur each year due to incidents where workers have been using machines, and most of these are easily prevented. It is estimated that British employers would save around 250,000 work days each year if they could just keep people safe on machinery.
This machine guarding course describes common hazards associated with moving machinery parts and the requirements and safeguards that should be used to minimise the risk of injury.
Mandatory: All employees who work with machinery.
- Identify mechanical hazards
- Recognise types of guards
- Recognise safety devises
- Identify appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
On successful completion of the Machine Guarding course candidates receive an echo3education completion certificate. Available for download on successful completion of the course.
- Identify the mechanical hazards common to all machines
- Recognise the types of guards used to control machine hazards
- Recognise different types of safety devices used to control machine hazards
- Know other safeguards that maybe used to minimise your risk of a machine related injury.
- Identify types of personal protective equipment that you may use while using industrial equipment.
Benefits of echo3education Machine Guarding training
- RoSPA Accredited
- Accelerated Learning – 20 minutes –
- Complies with UK legislation
- Rich Media & engaging content
- Instant digital certificate on successful completion
- Complementary training record back-up from echo3
Booking the Machine Guarding training
Complete the checkout process when your cart is full. Click the enroll checkbox if you intend to take a course yourself. Payment can be made via Paypal or card (Stripe).
Access to the Admin page is granted when payment is received. At this page you will see each licence that has been purchased is available for assignment. At this point simply add the email address of candidate(s) you wish to enroll. Shortly afterwards candidates receive an email containing a link enabling course access.
Deployment & Tracking of Machine Guarding
All courses can be exported to external LMS systems or we can fully administer the training by assigning licences for you and supply weekly completion reports via Excel.
The completion reports are vital feedback to evidence compliance and support your ongoing Risk Management system improvement.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0844 884 3063 (9am to 5pm) to discuss your specific requirements.
The Machine Guardling course was created by our content partner UL. UL is one of the largest Health & Safety organisations globally who have arguably helped save more lives in the workplace than any other organization globally. Over 2000 of the largest organization in the world select their training and services.