Manual Handling for Hotels
Manual Handling for Hotels objectives
In 2017 there were 0.5 million work-related musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) cases (new or longstanding). It is the most common cause of lost time from work.
The course objective is to reduce the risk of MSDs by teaching about the importance of correct manual handling procedures and how to conduct common lifts properly.
More generally, this Manual Handling for Hotels course aims to help create a good safety culture by ensuring learners are mindful of hazards.
Online completion of this course you will know..
- Your Legal duties
- An understanding of where short and long-term Manual Handling injuries come from
- How to risk assess and plan Manual Handing activities effectively
- Techniques for successful lifts in common situations
Mandatory: Staff undertaking Manual Handling risk assessments
Recommended: All workers who lift in their day to day job.
- What is Manual Handling
- Risks of Poor Manual Handling Practices
- Duties of Employer
- Duties of Employee
- Understand the Musculoskeletal System
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
- Preventing MSDs
- What is a Risk Assessment?
- Use of the Tile Template
- Action plan for Risk Assessment
- Good Housekeeping for Safety
Safe Lifting Techniques
- For Carrying
- For Lifting
- Lifting from Height
- Advantages of Pushing
- Conducting a Team Lift
On successful completion of the ROSPA approved Manual Handling for Hotels candidates course candidates receive an echo3education completion certificate. Available as a PDF for immediate download. This requires achievement of the required passmark during the final assessment.
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 requires employers to ensure the health and safety of all employees and anyone affected by their work, so far as is reasonably practicable, which means balancing the level of risk against the measures needed to control the risk in terms of money, time or trouble. This includes taking steps to control Manual Handling risks.
The management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations build on the HSWA to include a duty on employers to assess risks (including Manual Handling) and take action where necessary. Guidance from the UK HSE executive can be found here.
Benefits of echo3education Manual Handling for Hotels training
- Accelerated Learning – 45 minutes
- Complies with UK HSE Legislation
- Effective & efficient
- Rich media & engaging content
- Instant digital certificate on successful completion
- Complementary training record back-up from echo3education
- New course – Released August 2017
Booking Manual Handling for Hotels
Complete the checkout process when your cart is full. Click the enroll chieckbox if you intend to take a course yourself. Payment can be made via Paypal or card (Stripe).
Access to the Admin page is granted when payment is received. At this page you will see each licence that has been purchased is available for assignment. At this point simply add the email address of candidate(s) you wish to enrol. Shortly afterwards candidates receive an email containing a link enabling course access.