This Safe Excavation training course provides the knowledge needed to undertake excavations safely.
Duration | 40 minutes
Safe Excavation Course | When working near underground services, it is important to have a good understanding of the potential dangers. In order to excavate safely, any work must be planned carefully, giving consideration to the location and identification of buried services. It is also important to know how to respond should these buried services be accidentally damaged during the works.
To highlight the dangers associated with buried services and provide guidance for those working on and supervising excavation work.
MAIN LEARNING OUTCOMES
- | The dangers present when excavating
- | The legislation relevant to buried services
- | Employers’ duties in protecting employees during excavation work
- | The procedures for carrying out excavation work safely
UNIT 1 | Safe Excavation
UNIT 2 | Control of Excavation Works
Those involved in commissioning, planning, managing and carrying out work on or near underground services. It will also be of use to the owners and operators of such services.
Successful completion of the Safe Excavation course requires delegates to achieve 80% or more in the final assessment. At this point learners verifiable completion certificate is emailed.
- | 30 minutes of online learning
- | Complies with UK Legislation
- | Instant self-print certificate (£5 for posted version)
- | Unlimited access for 1 year
- | Complementary training record back-up from echo3education