Learn how to report workplace accidents and comply with RIDDOR Regulations (2013).
Duration | 40 minutes
Accident Reporting Training Online | RIDDOR Regulations 2013 refer to the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences. Employers, the self-employed and the Responsible Person have duties to report work-related deaths, certain serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and other dangerous occurrences. Reports must be made to the Health and Safety Executive.
This course provides and understand of what need to be reported and how
To provide the knowledge needed to comply with the most recent RIDDOR regulations.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of this course learners will:
- | Understand accident reporting guidelines
- | Understand the purpose of RIDDOR Regulations
- | Why accidents must be reported
- | Which accidents must be reported
- | Different reports that are required
- | Recent changes and exemptions
UNIT 1 | What is RIDDOR?
What has changed
Injuries to people not at work
UNIT 2 | Making a report under RIDDOR
Who is responsible
The Responsible Person required to make reports under RIDDOR.
Achieve 80% or more in the 15 question multiple choice quiz to complete the course. At this point your certificate will be emailed. The quiz can be taken if required. Also a posted version of the certificate can be purchased here.
- | 40 minutes of online learning
- | Complies with 2013 RIDDOR Regulations
- | PDF Certificate
- | Unlimited access for 1 year
- | Assign colleagues
WHAT IS RIDDOR?
RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013) requires employers to report and keep records of:
- accidents which cause deaths
- accidents which cause certain serious injuries (reportable injuries)
- diagnosed cases of certain industrial diseases
- certain dangerous occurrences (incidents with the potential to cause harm eg near misses)
In most cases, forms should be completed online via the RIDDOR webpage. However, reports may sometimes be made by telephone.
The following report forms are available online:
This course will provide the knowledge required to submit a report correctly and to the right timescales.