£12.50 (inc. VAT)
Managers with better delegation skills will get more from their team because they can effectively harness the strengths of each team member.
Developing delegation skills, like all skills, first requires and understanding of the underlying principles. Once you understand the principles, practice in-line with the principles will lead to improvements.
COURSE OBJECTIVE | Provide the knowledge required to develop delegation skills.
On completion of this course you will know…
| The key principles, processes and methods of delegation
| How to identify appropriate delegation opportunities
| How to positively engage with and delegate to others
| How to maintain control while delegating
| How to enhance the job satisfaction and development of others
Section 1 | What is Delegation?
Section 2 | What are the Principles of Delegation?
Section 3 | How to Delegate
What is effective delegation?
Consider the job at hand
Deciding who is right for the job
Enhancing Job Satisfaction
You many also like
On successful completion of the Delegation Skills training course online candidates will be emailed (PDF) a echo3education completion certificate.
Successful completion requires achievement of 80% or more during the final 20 question assessment.
The assessment can be retaken as often as required.
Why is it important to Delegate effectively?
You will have heard the maxim that a ‘Team is greater than the sum of its parts’. It is unlikely this will be achieve if responsibilities are simply shared evenly across a team. However if responsibilities are assigned to team members in such a way that they play to the strengths of each team member then you created a true ‘Team’ according to the maxim. This ‘true team’ can only be achieve through effective delegation which initially requires an understanding of the principles of delegation.
What are the 5 principles delegation?
- Trust – As a manager or supervisor trust is key. You must first have trust in a staff member before you can give them new responsibilities.
- Communication – Must to be successful and frequent in order that the task at hand is fully understood. Ask yourself if you just way what is needed and leave what questions would you be left with?
- Confidence – This is a 2-way street. If you as a manager have confidence in the process of delegation and it is done fairly this can instil confidence and motivation in your staff. Especially if they receive good feedback on a job well done.
- Flexibility – You need to be flexible where control is concern. Especially when you are stressed.
- Responsibility – Remember everything comes back to you. You must accept responsibility if something goes wrong. This is one of the main reasons why people hesitate to delegate.
How can I improve my delegation skills?
This online course provides a clear route to improving your delegation skills through these 5 principles.
Benefits of echo3education Delegation Skills Training course online
| Accelerated Learning | 30 minutes
| 12 months unlimited access to content
| Improve overall workplace experience
| Improve operation efficiency of staff
| Rich media & engaging content
| Instant self-print certificate