Our online Hazardous Substances course provides the knowledge needed to work safely in workplaces where hazardous substances are present.
Duration Approx. | 50 minutes
Online Hazardous Substances Course | Substances that can be hazardous to human health are found in nearly all working environments. From high risk environments such as construction sites and factories, to low risk workplaces like shops and offices.
Where hazardous substances exist in the workplace employers have a duty provide employees with an awareness of the risks and how to keep themselves and co-workers safe.
Our online Hazardous Substances programme is used by many industries in place of traditional classroom training to help ensure workplaces remain safe.
- To understand the hazards and health risks associated with hazardous substances.
- Know how to reduce the chance of unhealthy exposure to hazardous substances
Unit 1 | Hazardous Substances Overview
In this first unit we look at the legislation relevant to the use of hazardous substances in the workplace, before outlining employer and employee responsibilities regarding safe working practices.
Unit 2 | Recognising Hazardous Substances
In this unit we look at how to identify different types of hazard and explain where to find information to support safe practice when working with hazardous substances.
Unit 3 | Health Risks
In Unit Three we explore the different ways hazardous substances can enter the body and the impact this can have on your health. We also look at control measures to minimise negative impact on your health.
Unit 4 | Working Safely with Hazardous Substances
In this final unit we explain measures you and your employer can take to avoid harmful exposure to hazardous substances and reduce the risk of ill-health. We also look at how to respond in case of an emergency.
This Hazardous Substances course is for all staff who work with any hazardous substances. Like those mentioned above. Ideally the substance would be removed. Managers can find out more about controlling hazard substances in the COSHH course. If a substance cannot be removed then this course is beneficial for staff.
Some examples of the job roles who most likely require hazardous substances training include:
- Cleaners – (cleaning materials can cause localised burns and skin complaints)
- Hairdressers – (a number of hairdressing products can damage their skin)
- Welders – dangerous fumes from welding can damage their lungs
- Painters – some paints can cause skin and lung damage
- Bakery workers – flour and bakery dust can cause irritation of eyes and nose, skin problems and asthma
- Garage workers – paints, solvents, oils and grease, and exposure to exhaust fumes can all damage their health
- Healthcare staff – exposure to biological agents can cause infection.
On successful completion of this Hazardous Substances course candidates receive an echo3education completion certificate, available as a PDF for immediate download. This requires achievement of the required pass mark during the final assessment.
The certificate remains valid for 2 years.
- Accelerated learning – 45 minutes –
- Complies with UK legislation
- Available on phones, tablets & desktops
- 12 months unlimited access to content
- Carbon-neutral product
E: [email protected] | T: (+44) 0131 661 8253
References [External Links]
UK COSHH Regulations – Link