Health and Safety for Managers
£30.00 = 1yr access
The Health and Safety for Managers course provides the knowledge needed to manage a small low-risk work environment safely.
Duration | 45 minutes
Select ‘Enable Group Purchase’ if you wish to assign the course to others via email
Managing Health and Safety is a legal requirement, regardless of the size or purpose of your organisation.
COURSE OBJECTIVE | The Health and Safety for Managers online course provides an understanding of the legal landscape and fundamental principles to help you comply with UK legislation and keep staff and the public safe.
On successful completion of the Health & Safety for Managers course you will know:
- The purpose of H&S management and its costs – both human and financial
- The UK and EU laws and obligations
- What the reasonable H&S policies & procedures are
- How to undertake a Risk Assessment
- How to continually monitor and improve systems
Module 1 | Health and Safety Management
What is H&S management?
Key elements to a successful management plan
Why is H&S management a good idea?
Module 2 | Risk Management
What is risk management?
Sensible risk management
Importance of H&S procedures
What is competency?
Module 3 | Accident Prevention
Definition of an ‘Accident’
Unsafe acts and unsafe conditions
Cost of accidents
Module 4 | UK and European Law
The Health and Safety at Work Act
Directors and managers
The management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
Module 5 | Monitoring & Review
Monitoring and reviewing a H&S Management System
Mandatory: All managers and supervisors in small, low-risk workplaces
Recommended: Any staff with health and safety responsibilities
On successful completion of this Health and Safety for Managers course, candidates are emailed their completion completion certificate,/ This requires achievement of 80% or more in the final assessment.
Benefits of echo3education Health and Safety for Managers course
- Accelerated Learning – 45 minutes
- Complies with UK legislation HSE Act 1974
- Rich media and engaging content
- Instant digital certificate on successful completion
- Complementary training record back-up from echo3education