Online safety course designed for everyone working in a laboratories.
The training covers current regulations and best-practice guidelines for working safely.
A verifiable, CPD-accredited certificate is emailed on completion.
DURATION | 30 MINUTES
LABORATORY SAFETY TRAINING
Online Laboratory Safety course covering the best practice principles for working safely in laboratories.
Appropriate training for laboratory staff is important due to the variety of hazards present. For example, biological agents, flammable gasses & sharp objects.
While every Laboratory is different but common safety rules apply.
This online laboratory safety training helps to ensure your colleagues understand their obligations under COSHH and general health & safety law.
At the end of the online Laboratory Safety course a verifiable, CPD-accredited certificate will be emailed.
On completion of this Laboratory safety course you will;
- Know how to avoid hazards associated with hazardous substances
- Understand how to use equipment laboratory appropriately
- Understand best-practice for laboratory housekeeping
- Be aware of common fire safety protocols
- Know the fundaments of first aid
- Help make laboratories safer by enabling Health & Safety information to be provided to all staff in a clear, memorable way.
- Help employers comply with the training requirements of safety regulations
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- All employees working in a laboratory.
- Managers supervising laboratory work.
- Visiting contractors.
UNIT 1 | Laboratory Regulations
We begin by highlighting the duties of employers and employees who work in and operate laboratories.
UNIT 2 | General Safety
Next, we look at a range of other safety considerations. For example, handling glass equipment, handling chemicals, good housekeeping, fire precautions, preventing slips & trips, cleaning spills and PPE.
UNIT 3 | Mitigation
Lastly, we detail actions to take should an incident occur.
Achieve over 80% in the final quiz to complete the online laboratory safety course. At which point a completion certificate will be emailed. A posted version of the certificate can be purchase here.
The Lab Safety certificate remains valid for 3 years.
- Engaging & memorable, motion-graphic content.
- Verifiable, CPD-accredited certificate
- Learn anywhere with an internet connection
- Flexible assignment & reporting options
- Carbon net-zero training solution
LAB SAFETY LEGAL DUTIES
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 requires employers to ensure the health and safety of everyone affected by their work. All reasonably practicable efforts must be taken. This means balancing the level of risk against the measures needed to control the risk in terms of money, time or trouble.
The management of Health & Safety at work regulations build on the HSWA to include a duty on employers to assess risks (including Laboratory safety risks) and take action where necessary. For example, providing training to staff so they are awareness hazards.
In addition to the general requirement of COSHH, laboratories with biological agents have additional regulations.
For further information here is guidance on laboratory safety created by the UK HSE – http://www.hse.gov.uk/biosafety/laboratories.htm
If you have any questions about this online Laboratory Safety training course please email [email protected] or call us on 0131 6618253