Online PPE course helps staff understand the importance of PPE in the workplace and aid compliance. 20 minutes.
Online PPE course or Personal Protective Equipment helps you understand the importance of PPE in hazardous workplace environments.
This course covers the latest PPE regulations amended on 6th April 2022.
Employers are obligated to ensure employees receive appropriate PPE training.
This online PPE training provides knowledge about different types of personal protective equipment, when and how to use them, and their limitations. This training helps lead to safer work practices.
The online Echo3 PPE course provides learners with an understanding of the importance, purpose, and different types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Learners will understand the role of workplace risk assessments and that PPE is the last step in hierarchy of controls. Therefore, realising the limitations of various PPE.
This understanding helps increase proficiency in selecting, using, and maintaining PPE equipment appropriately. Participants also learn proper donning, doffing and storage best-practice.
Generally, the Echo3 PPE course emphasises the value of a strong a safety culture that will help protect staff, customers, and your business.
UNIT 1 | INTRODUCTION TO PPE
In this first UNIT we introduce PPE and its importance to safety.
UNIT 2 | TYPES OF PPE
In this second unit we explain the different types of PPE. Specifically, we cover.
- Head Protection
- Hand and arms
- Feet and legs
- Full body protection
- Drowning Protection
- Respiratory, height and access
UNIT 3 | USING PPE SAFELY
In this 3rd unit we detail how to work with PPE correctly. Specifically, we cover.
- PPE training
- Removal of PPE
- Storage of PPE
Taking the Echo3 online PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) course offers several benefits, especially in industries where safety is a top priority, specifically.
- Safety Compliance. The UK Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Regulations 6th April 2022 require employers to provide PPE training to staff.
- Risk Reduction. Personal Protective Equipment is designed to protect individuals from various workplace hazards. Understanding how to use and maintain PPE properly can significantly reduce the risk of accidents, injuries, and exposure to harmful substances.
- Simple Administration Included. Echo3 offers a variety of ways to enrol your staff and store their certificates. Email us with any specific questions ([email protected]). We’re sure we can find a solution that works well for you.
- Flexibility and Convenience. Online PPE courses offer the flexibility to learn at one’s own pace and convenience. This is particularly beneficial for individuals with busy schedules or those who cannot attend in-person training sessions.
- Great Value. At Echo3 we strive to offer the best value online safety training.
- Documentation of Training. Completing an online PPE course results in the issuance of a PPE certificate. Training records are required by the Managing Health & Safety Regulations 1999.
- Carbon Negative Platform. At Echo3 we offset our carbon footprint. Meaning by choosing our platform you can reduce your businesses carbon footprint too.
- Refresh and Update Knowledge. PPE regulations have recently changed. Taking the Echo3 PPE course allows individuals to update their knowledge with the latest reequipments.
- Job Requirements. Some jobs may require employees to undergo PPE training as part of their onboarding process or ongoing professional development. Having completed such training may be a prerequisite for certain positions.
- Promotion of a Safety Culture. Participating in PPE training can contribute to fostering a safety culture within an organisation. When employees are well-informed about safety measures and take them seriously, it creates a safer and healthier work environment for everyone.
At the end of the online PPE training is a 15 question, multiple-choice quiz. Achieving a minimum score of 80%, and we’ll email your PPE certificate.
If you score less than 80%, you can revisit any part of the course and retake the quiz.
The online PPE certificate is valid for 3 years. A posted certificate is available separately.
WHAT IS PPE?
PPE stands for “Personal Protective Equipment.” It refers to clothing or equipment that is designed to protect individuals from workplace hazards during specific activities.
The goal of PPE is to increase safety by minimising the exposure to physical, chemical, biological, or other risks.
Examples of PPE include:
- Head Protection: Helmets, hard hats.
- Eye and Face Protection: Safety glasses, goggles, face shields.
- Respiratory Protection: Masks, respirators.
- Hand Protection:
- Foot Protection: Safety shoes, boots.
- Body Protection: Coveralls, vests.
- Hearing Protection: Earplugs, earmuffs.
PPE REGULATION UPDATED
The April 2022 updated PPE regulations extent duties to provide PPE from employees to include Limb workers. Limb workers are those who have a more causal employment relationship that employees.
If you employ limb workers, you are now responsible for their PPE and related training.
Limb workers can be tricky to define. If in doubt you may need legal advice.
If you have further questions about the Echo3 online PPE course please email us at [email protected].