Injuries in warehouses are over 3X higher than the average for all industries. The Warehouse Safety course educates staff how to work safety in warehouses.
DURATION | 40 minutes
Warehouse Safety Training Online | Warehouse operations present many extra hazards to workers compared to most workplaces. For example, slips & trips, heights, manual handling injuries, vehicles, falling objects, machinery, hazardous substances among others.
Consequently, injury rate in warehouses is 3x times higher than the average across all industries.
If you employ warehouse staff they must receive appropriate training in order to understand and reduce chance of accidents from theses hazards.
Upon successful course completion, participants will have the knowledge needed to work safely in warehouses.
Appropriate for all warehouse staff. The course is CPD-accredited and lasts approximately 40 minutes. Using motion-graphic videos, key lessons are communicated in an engaging, clear and concise way.
At the end of the course there is a 15-question, multiple-choice assessment. Participants must achieve a minimum pass mark to evidence understanding and receive their completion certificate.
1) Make your warehouse environment safer by providing the knowledge staff need to work safely
2) Assist compliance to regulations
- Awareness of warehouse hazards
- Understand where injuries occur
- Educate the behaviours that reduce the risk of injury
UNIT 1 | INTRODUCTION
Firstly, we highlight the course learning objectives, highlighting the importance of taking seriously the topic of warehouse safety.
UNIT 2 | LEGISLATION
While working in warehouses, employers and employees both have duties with respect to health & safety. These duties are outlined in this second section.
UNIT 3 | COMMON CAUSES OF INJURY
Thirdly, we briefly outline the main causes of warehouse injuries. Providing an awareness for staff of where particular vigilance is required.
UNIT 4 | REDUCING RISK
Finally, we detail best-practice process and behaviour that help keep yourself and colleagues safe.
UNIT 5 | SUMMARY
UNIT 6 | QUIZ
This Warehouse Safety course is ideal for all employees working in or visiting warehouses.
At the end of the online Warehouse Safety course there is a 15 question, multiple-choice quiz. If learners demonstrate their understanding of course content by achieving a minimum score of 80%, we’ll email them their completion certificate. If learners score less than 80%, they can revisit any part of the course and retake the quiz until they are successful. A posted certificate is available for £6.
- CPD accredited
- Emailed certificate
- Learn anywhere, anytime
- Access on phones, tablets, laptop or desktop
- Zero Carbon Product
Why take the Warehouse safety Course?
Every warehouse exposes workers to a unique combination of hazards that both individually and together have the potential to injure workers. For example – Heights, Chemicals, Noise, Strewn objects, Dropped objects and vehicles.
Behaviour also plays an important part in safety.
We understand eliminating accidents is hard. For example, Amazon, operating arguably the worlds most well resources warehouses reported 440 health & safety incidents in 2015.
By providing staff with sufficient knowledge to eliminate basic accidents in your warehouse. And by focussing on best-practice behaviours. This online warehouse safety course helps reduce the chance of accidents.
For example, hazards are exacerbated by such unsafe practices as…
- Improper use of forklifts
- Improper stacking
- Inadequate fire safety provisions
- Improper Personal Protective Equipment
- Repetitive and/or heavy lifting
This Warehouse Safety training course focusses on explaining and encouraging best-practice behaviours in order that unsafe practices are avoided. For example, that workers suggest workflow improvements where they believe activities can be made safety. The course also details best-practice process that should be adopted if possible.
Further Information | If you wish to know more about the topics covered in this course please read our Warehouse Safety Checklist blog. Or contact us to receive a free course demo.
Warehouse Safety Tips
The UK Health & Safety executive has created a guide to safety in warehouses which you may find helpful. You may also wish to consider;
So, with regards to Slips & Trips;
- Firstly, ensure flooring doesn’t become contaminated. E.g. ensure sensible packing of materials.
- Secondly, when contamination does happen, deal with it immediately. Ideally by cleaning. Signs should be only a very temporary measure.
- Thirdly, keep floors and traffic routes free from obstructions
- Fourthly, using correct footwear can help reduce slips
- Next, if possible install slips resistant flooring. Prioritise steps.
- Furthermore, adequate lighting can help reduce slips
With regards to Manual Handling;
- Firstly, try to avoid the task first
- Secondly, supply mechanical aids
- Thirdly, provide task specific training
- In addition, encourage staff to suggest improvements
Educating staff about warehouse safety is a preventive measure. It helps reduce the chance of injury, thereby saving cost and helping you meet the ‘reasonably practicable’ threshold. It is also a requirement to keep a record of steps you have taken to reduce risks.
E: [email protected] | T: +44 (131) 661 8253