Injuries in warehouses are over 3X higher than the average for all industries. The Warehouse Safety course educates staff how to work safety in warehouses.
DURATION | 40 minutes
Warehouse Safety Training Online | If you employ warehouse workers, legally you must provide them with appropriate training. But why choose this course?
Because, this online Warehouse Safety course educates best-practice behaviours towards a range of hazards, equipping employees with the knowledge keep themselves and others safe.
Warehouse operations present many extra hazards to workers compared with most workplaces. For example, Slips & Trips, Working at Height, Manual Handling, Vehicles, Moving or Falling Objects, Machinery, Hazardous Substances among others.
Consequently, 1 in 60 warehouse workers falls victim to an injury each year, according to UK Health and Safety Executive figures. An injury rate 3x times higher than the average across all industries.
This warehouse safety course helps all employees work together and reduce the chance of injury.
1) Make your warehouse environment safer by providing the knowledge staff need to work safely.
2) Assist compliance to regulations.
- Awareness of warehouse hazards
- Understand where injuries occur
- Educate the behaviours that reduce the risk of injury
UNIT 1 | INTRODUCTION
Firstly, we highlight the course learning objectives, highlighting the importance of taking seriously the topic of warehouse safety.
UNIT 2 | LEGISLATION
Secondly, we explain duties of both employer’s and employee’s.
UNIT 3 | COMMON CAUSES OF INJURY
Thirdly, we briefly outline the main causes of warehouse injuries. Providing an awareness for staff of where particular vigilance is required.
UNIT 4 | REDUCING RISK
Finally, we detail best-practice process and behaviour that help keep staff safe.
UNIT 5 | SUMMARY
UNIT 6 | QUIZ
This Warehouse Safety course is ideal for all employees working in or visiting warehouses.
Learners are emailed the certificate on successful completion of the Warehouse Safety course. This requires 80% or more in the final 15 question multiple-choice assessment. The assessment can be retaken as often as required.
Certificate includes the date, a verification code and earns the learner 5 CPD credits recognisable by many profession bodies.
- CPD-accredited certificate
- 40 minutes of video-based training
- Self-pace, interactive content
- Up to date
- Simple course enrolment and reporting for mangers
- CPD-accredited certificate
- Zero Carbon Product
Why take the Warehouse safety Course?
Every warehouse exposes workers to a unique combination of hazards that both individually and together have the potential to injure workers. For example – Heights, Chemicals, Noise, Strewn objects, Dropped objects and vehicles.
Behaviour also plays an important part in safety.
We understand eliminating accidents is hard. For example, Amazon, operating arguably the worlds most well resources warehouses reported 440 health & safety incidents in 2015.
By providing staff with sufficient knowledge to eliminate basic accidents in your warehouse. And by focussing on best-practice behaviours. This online warehouse safety course helps reduce the chance of accidents.
For example, hazards are exacerbated by such unsafe practices as…
- Improper use of forklifts
- Improper stacking
- Inadequate fire safety provisions
- Improper Personal Protective Equipment
- Repetitive and/or heavy lifting
This Warehouse Safety training course focusses on explaining and encouraging best-practice behaviours in order that unsafe practices are avoided. For example, that workers suggest workflow improvements where they believe activities can be made safety. The course also details best-practice process that should be adopted if possible.
Further Information | If you wish to know more about the topics covered in this course please read our Warehouse Safety Checklist blog. Or contact us to receive a free course demo.
Warehouse Safety Tips
The UK Health & Safety executive has created a guide to safety in warehouses which you may find helpful. You may also wish to consider;
So, with regards to Slips & Trips;
- Firstly, ensure flooring doesn’t become contaminated. E.g. ensure sensible packing of materials.
- Secondly, when contamination does happen, deal with it immediately. Ideally by cleaning. Signs should be only a very temporary measure.
- Thirdly, keep floors and traffic routes free from obstructions
- Fourthly, using correct footwear can help reduce slips
- Next, if possible install slips resistant flooring. Prioritise steps.
- Furthermore, adequate lighting can help reduce slips
With regards to Manual Handling;
- Firstly, try to avoid the task first
- Secondly, supply mechanical aids
- Thirdly, provide task specific training
- In addition, encourage staff to suggest improvements
Educating staff about warehouse safety is a preventive measure. It helps reduce the chance of injury, thereby saving cost and helping you meet the ‘reasonably practicable’ threshold. It is also a requirement to keep a record of steps you have taken to reduce risks.
Email: [email protected] | Tel: +44 (131) 661 8253