Workplace First Aid
Designed to enhance workplace first aid arrangements by providing staff with the knowledge needed to act appropriately in a first aid emergency.
DURATION | 45 minutes
WORKPLACE FIRST AID
This online Workplace First Aid course has been designed as a clear & efficient way for business to enhance their first aid arrangements.
The First Aid Regulations require businesses to make arrangements, such that staff receive timely & appropriate care when required. This includes both injuries resulting from workplace accidents and illnesses due to natural causes.
Workplace First Aid training enables staff to recognise emergencies, know when to call emergency services and potentially improve the patient’s outcomes by applying the most basic interventions. For example keeping the patient warm and comfortable, prior to the arrival of emergency services.
The objective of this workplace first aid course is to improve first aid arrangement by;
- Giving staff an understand of first aid regulations and their responsibility
- Provide the knowledge needed to attend to common workplace first aid emergencies
- Know post incident actions to help prevent future occurrences.
UNIT 1 | RESPONSIBILITIES
UNIT 2 | LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCIES
UNIT 3 | NON-LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCIES
UNIT 4 | BEST PRACTICE
UNIT 5 | QUIZ
The online Workplace First Aid course certificate remains valid for 3 years.
- 45 minutes of high-quality motion graphic training
- Ability to learn at any place and time with an internet connection
- Quiz to help evidence learner competence & understanding
- CPD accredited certificate emailed upon completion
- Training records to help evidence compliance with safety regualations
COMMON WORKPLACE INJURIES
Common injuries at work will depend on your workplace. Your first aid needs assessment, which all business must undertake, will consider which injuries are most likely. From 2021 RIDDOR statistics we know generally;
- 1.6 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 2,369 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2019)
- 142 workers killed at work (2020/21)
- 693,000 working people sustain an injury at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 65,427 injuries to employees
- 38.8 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £16.2 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2018/19)
From the 65,427 RIDDOR report injuries (Injuries leading to 7 days or more off work) we know the type of work done is the biggest risk factor. Shift and part-time workers are most likely to be injuries;
The cause of accidents are;
- 29% slips and trips on the same level
- 19% handling, lifting or carrying
- 11% struck by a moving object
- 9% acts of violence
- 8% falls from height
As a consequence of these accidents, Fractures (other than to fingers, thumbs or toes) account for around 90% of all reported injuries in 2019/20.
Common illnesses will depend on the age profile of your workplace. From NHS statistics we know;
- More than 100,000 heart attacks occur each year in the UK.
- More than 100,00 stokes occur each year in the UK. Survival rates are improved with quicker hospitalisation, which requires the knowledge to recognise the signs of a stroke
- There are around 30,000 cardiac arrests occur each year in the UK out of hospitals. Around 15% occur in the workplace. Survival rates are increased when staff know and implement the “chain of survival”
This online Workplace First Aid course provides staff with the knowledge needed to deal with all the injuries and illnesses mentioned above.
If you have any questions about this online Workplace First Aid course please email [email protected] or call us on 0131 6618253